Inspired by that amazingly, nerdy Discovery Channel show Myth Busters, I bring you the Top 10 PHAT Myth Busters.
Based on feedback i have gotten on my Twitter Feed @ Ms_Fit4Life here they are.
Make your voice with a quick poll at the bottom.
And if you have one to add, I would be happy to feature it. The more we expose the falsities, the more we can equip ourselves with the tools we need to meet our goals and Lighten Up !
- The majority of calories people say they “regret” eating are consumed between the hours of 11pm and 4am. Shockingly, alcohol is usually involved.
- The Diet Coke Doesn’t make the Big Mac okay
- Eating Low-Fat, calorie-free alternatives does NOT guarantee you will lose weight. It does however guarantee you’ll consume chemicals
- A skipped meal doesn’t “save” calories in the Bank-Up-For-Cake-Later way you intend; it wrecks metabolism and stores fat
- “Organic”, “Whole-grain”, “Raw” doesn’t mean eat as much as want. Excess “healthy” calories still contribute to weight gain
- Protein is best utilized by the body within 30 mins AFTER a workout. When consumed beforehand it can increase fatigue and cramping
- Allergen families could have you facing chronic inflammation and reduce your success at reach fitness goals. Get tested at your dermatologist and know what to looks for
- Looking to burn fat? Skip the over-priced gimmicky pills and go natural with citrus fruits; 90% of fat burning pills are compounds easily found in citrus fruits
- Food description impacts smell, taste, &cravings. Stop referring to that donut as “oozing sex appeal “& you’ll want it less
- Looking for an excuse for a few vices? New research shows dark chocolate and red wine work together to produce maximum benefits. Having both is better than just one.