“Seasonal” – Take a look at how to stay active and make delicious food choices no matter what the temperature is outside.
As promised on Tuesday’s installment of Trending – here is the simple summer salad recipe [say that 10x fast..] jam-packed with B vitamins:
In addition to the vitamin richness, this salad has two other very “Seasonal things going for it [and you].
1. It has the patriotic red, white, and blue you would expect for July.
2. It is more healthy than anything- ANYTHING- you could get for free at a 7-11 gas station convenience store as they celebrate their namesake today
Simple Summer Salad
- 1 cup green beans, washed and blanched 1-2 minutes
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, washed, pat dry
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 bunch mint leaves, washed, pat dry
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts OR 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled *optional
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large cutting board
- 1 large mixing bowl, 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 sharp knife
- Wash and slice needed fruits and veggies as indicated above, place in large mixing bowl
- Make the dressing in the small mixing bowl – combine the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt/pepper and slowly whisk in oil until mixture is thorough
- Toss mint leaves, feta, and nuts [optional] into large mixing bowl
- Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat lightly
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftovers may be placed in a glass bowl with a tight-sealing lid for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Comment below or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org